By Aaishwarya Mathur
It’s a New Year and I am looking forward to new goals, new challenges and new ideas!
What a wonderful joy it is to hope for something new, something better every coming day! It is amazing to realize the importance of the word ‘hope’! Being hopeful is such a powerful positive stimulant in our lives. We aspire to grow, to improve, to change for the better! Every New Year we resolve to do something that will help us improve our lives or make us healthier or become better human beings.
‘Hope’ is a strong word! It instills us with joy, strength, willpower and the desire to take up new ventures, to travel, to read, to write & to innovate! ‘Hope’ provides us the excitement and the energy to pursue the dream of a better tomorrow!
Here are a few resolutions that I ‘hope’ will help you achieve a better ‘work-life’ balance!
- Start Writing: A small time spent writing everyday can help us better organize our thoughts and focus on our goals.
- Read more: The most successful people never stop learning. There’s a reason why 70% of adults in professional or managerial roles continue their education — it’s one of the best ways to keep up with industry trends, learn from experts, and get the creative juices flowing.
- Absorb more: Keep yourself updated with everyday happenings and be adaptable enough to deal with the changes.
- Keep an electronics-free zone: The ubiquity of mobile devices means we are exposed to the light that our devices emit and that interferes with the brain’s ability to “wind down” for sleep. So ditch the device in the bedroom because adequate sleep is essential for growth, learning, mood, creativity and weight control!
- Take a break: Research shows that the top 10% most productive employees take 17-minute breaks for every 52 minutes of work they put in. There’s tremendous value in breaks, and we could all stand to benefit from them.
- Ask for help: It seems that there’s an epidemic of fear when it comes to asking for help at work. Many of us think that asking questions will make us look stupid. But when we don’t ask questions, we’re actually setting ourselves up for failure.
- Move to the next level of your career: ‘Next’ can mean different things for different people – a change in designation, more responsibilities, starting your own business. Whatever it is, start now!
I sincerely ‘hope’ some of these resolutions will help you bring positive changes in your lives and can help you become a better employee and a better human being.
Wishing everyone a very ‘Happy’ and ‘Hopeful’ New Year 2017! 🙂