Biocon Limited, publicly listed in 2004, is India’s largest and fully-integrated, innovation-led biopharmaceutical company. As an emerging global biopharmaceutical enterprise serving customers in over 100 countries, it is committed to reduce therapy costs of chronic diseases like autoimmune, diabetes, and cancer. Through innovative products and research services it is enabling access to affordable healthcare for patients, partners and healthcare systems across the globe. It has successfully developed and taken a range of Novel Biologics, Biosimilars, differentiated Small Molecules and affordable Recombinant Human Insulin and Analogs from ‘Lab to Market’. Some of its key brands are INSUGEN® (rh-insulin), BASALOG® (Glargine), CANMAb™ (Trastuzumab), BIOMAb-EGFR™ (Nimotuzumab) and ALZUMAb™ (Itolizumab), a ‘first in class’ anti-CD6 monoclonal antibody. It has a rich pipeline of Biosimilars and Novel Biologics at various stages of development including Insulin Tregopil, a high potential oral insulin analog.
Biocon’s consolidated revenue for FY 19 stands at Rs 56,588 million (USD 871 million). Biocon has over 11,000 employees.
Biocon Biologics is a subsidiary of Biocon Ltd, an innovation led global biopharmaceuticals company. Biocon Biologics is engaged in developing high quality, affordable biosimilars that can expand access to a cutting-edge class of therapies to patients globally. It is uniquely positioned as a fully integrated ‘pure play’ biosimilars organization in the world and aspires to transform patient lives through innovative and inclusive healthcare solutions. The Company has a large portfolio of biosimilars under global clinical development with three of these commercialized in developed markets like EU, Australia, U.S. and Japan. Biocon Biologics has a product pipeline of 28 molecules, including 11 with Mylan, several with Sandoz and is developing many independently.
To enhance global healthcare through innovative and affordable biopharmaceuticals for patients, partners and healthcare systems across the globe
To be an integrated biotechnology enterprise of global distinction.
Essential to this mission is excellence in:
– Intellectual asset creation through discovery, research and development
– State-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities
– Internationally benchmarked quality and regulatory systems
– New medical insight through disease specific
– Customer relationship through outstanding products
– Human resource development through training,
mentoring and empowering
– Management of research and business partnerships
– Integrity and Ethical Behaviour
– Performance driven work culture
– Value Creation through Innovation & Differentiation
– Quality through Compliance & Best Practices
– Collaboration, Team Work & Mutual Respect