Biocon Limited, publicly listed in 2004, is India’s largest and fully-integrated, innovation-led biopharmaceutical company. As an emerging global biopharmaceutical enterprise serving customers in over 100 countries, it is committed to reduce therapy costs of chronic diseases like autoimmune, diabetes, and cancer. Through innovative products and research services it is enabling access to affordable healthcare for patients, partners and healthcare systems across the globe. It has successfully developed and taken a range of Novel Biologics, Biosimilars, differentiated Small Molecules and affordable Recombinant Human Insulin and Analogs from ‘Lab to Market’. Some of its key brands are INSUGEN® (rh-insulin), BASALOG® (Glargine), CANMAb™ (Trastuzumab), BIOMAb-EGFR™ (Nimotuzumab) and ALZUMAb™ (Itolizumab), a ‘first in class’ anti-CD6 monoclonal antibody. It has a rich pipeline of Biosimilars and Novel Biologics at various stages of development including Insulin Tregopil, a high potential oral insulin analog.
Biocon’s consolidated revenue for FY 16 stands at Rs 35,699 million (USD 525 million). Biocon is focused on attaining a size of USD 1 billion by 2018.
Biocon has over 8,000 employees.
To enhance global healthcare through innovative and affordable biopharmaceuticals for patients, partners and healthcare systems across the globe
To be an integrated biotechnology enterprise of global distinction.
Essential to this mission is excellence in:
– Intellectual asset creation through discovery, research and development
– State-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities
– Internationally benchmarked quality and regulatory systems
– New medical insight through disease specific
– Customer relationship through outstanding products
– Human resource development through training,
mentoring and empowering
– Management of research and business partnerships
– Integrity and Ethical Behaviour
– Performance driven work culture
– Value Creation through Innovation & Differentiation
– Quality through Compliance & Best Practices
– Collaboration, Team Work & Mutual Respect